Male circumcision is one of the most common surgical procedures in the world. Generally, when boys go through circumcision, the doctor removes the redundant foreskin to expose the glans.
Still, there are several ways to perform the procedure. One of those ways is the Shang Ring circumcision technique, which we’ll discuss below. By the end of this article, we hope you’ll have the confidence to either choose this route or go for other alternatives.
What Is the Shang Ring Circumcision Procedure?
The Shang Ring circumcision procedure is a minimally invasive technique that originated in China.
The method uses a unique plastic ring to cut off blood flow to the foreskin, causing it to fall off. There’ll be an inner and outer plastic ring lined in soft silicone, providing a non-bio-reactive surface against the wound. The outer ring consists of two halves with locking clasps that connect it to the inner ring.
During the circumcision, the doctor everts and locks the foreskin between the inner and outer rings, causing the foreskin to fall off due to the lack of blood flow.
The technique doesn’t require suturing or electrocautery, making it a simple, minimally painful method for adults and children. It’s also why many individuals prefer this type of circumcision over others.
Step-by-Step Shang Ring Procedure
The Shang Ring circumcision procedure takes about five minutes to complete.
Here’s how it works:
- The doctor measures the penile circumference to determine what ring size to use, using the correct size lessens the risk of displacement and discomfort to the patient.
- The patient receives standard anesthesia.
- The doctor places the Shang Ring on the foreskin. The goal is to sandwich the redundant foreskin using the inner and outer rings.
- The doctor cuts four equal slits in the foreskin. This step aims to avoid the formation of constricting circumferential scabs and allow the skin to spread during erections.
- The patient leaves the hospital and clinic with the Shang Ring attached to the penis.
- After about 7 to 10 days, the patient returns for the ring removal.
- The doctor removes the ring by unlocking and removing the outer ring, then separates the inner ring from the wound margin.
After the Circumcision Procedure
After the Shang Ring is removed, the next step is to take care of your penis to avoid complications and infections. Your doctor will write you a prescription for managing pain during the healing period and give you detailed instructions on cleaning and caring for your penis as it heals.
The healing process usually takes four weeks, and we advise patients to schedule a follow-up appointment for 2 to 4 weeks following the procedure.
Pros and Cons of Shang Ring Circumcision
Learn more about how to treat and care for your penile area effectively here.
Get Circumcised With Professionals
Doctors in many countries worldwide perform Shang Ring circumcision. The method allows for minimal invasion, doesn’t require sutures, and offers good cosmetic results. Still, the Shang Ring circumcision technique requires expert doctors to perform without complications.
The ,Center for Circumcision offers world-class circumcision expertise in Illinois and Florida. ,Schedule a consultation today to get an affordable circumcision without compromising quality and professionalism.
References:Leave a reply